Mumbai, October 14 (Agency)
Maharashtra minister and Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) spokesperson Nawab Malik on Thursday alleged that the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) conducted raids against some high-profile people and several others with “malicious intentions”. And he is “selectively leaking information” to implicate people. Malik told a press conference that his son-in-law Sameer Khan would approach the High Court seeking quashing of the charges leveled by the NCB. Khan was recently granted bail after nine months in a drug related case. However, when contacted about the allegations leveled by Malik, NCB’s Mumbai zone director Sameer Wankhede said that the matter is before the court. “We respect the court and do not comment on pending cases,” he said.
The NCB had last Saturday raided a cruise off the Mumbai coast and claimed to have recovered banned drugs from there. Aryan Khan, son of Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan was arrested in this case. Besides this, the NCB had last year probed a drug case related to the murder of actor Sushant Singh Rajput and several other cases involving high-profile people. Sameer Khan was arrested in January in an alleged drug related case. He got bail last month.
Malik had last week alleged that the NCB raids on the cruise ship were “fake” and no narcotics were found during this period. The minister had said on Wednesday, “NCB’s intentions are malicious and it is leaking only selective information to implicate people.” He said he started receiving “threats” after raising questions about the NCB’s probe, following which his security has been beefed up.
The NCP leader said, “NCB said that ganja was seized (in the case involving Sameer Khan), but there was nothing like that. I had to clarify things today after the bail order, as the BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party) is targeting me over my son-in-law after I raised questions on the fake NCB case regarding the Cruz party,” Malik claimed. That his family has also faced difficulties due to NCB.